Skip to main content

CPR

Today I go for my CPR class, woohoo, not. I am so not looking forward to this. Not because I don't think I need it, but my baby girl is out of school today and a couple of days ago she said "I don't want you to go anwhere" and I said "Where would I go?" and she said "No, while I'm out of school. Do you have anywhere to go while I'm out of school?" and I said "No, I don't have anywhere to go." But then I remembered this stupid class and I told her about it and she was just so sad. She said "I don't want you to go anywhere while I'm out of school." It was so sad and sweet at the same time. Luckily though the class starts at 10, which she'll probably just be waking up and it's over by 2, so I should be back home in plenty of time to spend some more quality time with her. Then nothing else until she goes back to school on the 2nd.

So, on my checklist, I am down to the wire. Today I am getting my CPR class & then all I'll have to do is pay my malpractice insurance and I will be 100% READY to start school!! YEAYYYYYY. Soooo excited.

Ok, gotta go get ready to save this dummy's life, lol.

***Ok so the class wasn't that bad, it only took 3 hours & I'm now certified to save your life :)***



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty dece...

I'm still not sure...

DONE with my ER rotation!  As a matter of fact that means I'm DONE with clinicals period!  Woohoo!!!  Friday was my last real clinical in nursing school.  I worked 6 twelve hour shifts in the ER & I can truly say that I would feel 90% comfortable going straight to the ER from nursing school.  Besides the actual trauma codes that come in, I feel like I could easily handle what goes on in that ER straight out of nursing school.  I thought that I would LOVE ER, and I did to an extent, but what I really found out in this clinical was that I just DON'T KNOW .  I don't know exactly what I want to do yet as far as being a nurse, and honestly I just don't think I would really LOVE any nursing job. I know that I want to be a NP & therefore nursing positions to me don't really hold a great appeal. That being said, I don't know yet 100% what dept. I want to to work in, and what I really came to realize is that I don't think I'm going to kno...

Night shift...

             The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a.  Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork.  Uh hello night shift glad to have met you.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I never thought I could d...