Skip to main content

Would you like fries with that?


Today was it, the first test of my 2nd semester in nursing school and well, at least I passed.  I couldn't study. I just couldn't get into the groove and I never got around to really getting the information into my head.  It's one of those things were you get so overwhelmed that you don't know where to start so you just do nothing. That was me.  Fortunately I had taken the CNA class over the summer and so I had a pretty good idea of the answers.  Not enough for a B, but what's the saying "C's = degrees"?  Well C's don't equal a nurse practitioner degree, so I know I have to buck up & get a grip on these studies.  What I hate about the first test is that you never really know how to study for it.  You're not sure exactly how the questions are going to flow and so the first test is always the barometer, so it can only go up from here right?  I mean now I know what to expect and how to study, so the next test should be MUUUUCH better :D  Otherwise I may just have to go on down to Mickey D's and put in my application.  ;D

"Would you like fries with that?"

Comments

  1. Candi, I am right there with you! We have our first exam (I am second semester as well) tomorrow and had two practiicums today. Needless to say, the first one is always hit or miss as to what we need to focus on...and the roller coaster of stress that is nursing school rolls on, and on, and on

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to apply at McDonalds. Remember the golden rule...it isn't always the "right" answer, it is the "best" answer! I know, ivory tower nursing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michele - Glad to have another 2nd semester around!! :D We will do this!! What type of program are you in?

    @PediNP - Nah it's not Ivory Tower, you've been there done that, so I'll take any advice you got! Also, sometimes the "best" answer to me isn't the best answer, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty dece...

Night shift...

             The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a.  Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork.  Uh hello night shift glad to have met you.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I never thought I could d...

I'm still not sure...

DONE with my ER rotation!  As a matter of fact that means I'm DONE with clinicals period!  Woohoo!!!  Friday was my last real clinical in nursing school.  I worked 6 twelve hour shifts in the ER & I can truly say that I would feel 90% comfortable going straight to the ER from nursing school.  Besides the actual trauma codes that come in, I feel like I could easily handle what goes on in that ER straight out of nursing school.  I thought that I would LOVE ER, and I did to an extent, but what I really found out in this clinical was that I just DON'T KNOW .  I don't know exactly what I want to do yet as far as being a nurse, and honestly I just don't think I would really LOVE any nursing job. I know that I want to be a NP & therefore nursing positions to me don't really hold a great appeal. That being said, I don't know yet 100% what dept. I want to to work in, and what I really came to realize is that I don't think I'm going to kno...