The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a. Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork. Uh hello night shift glad to have met you. So here's what I'm thinking. I never thought I could d...
Congrats! I remember my first badge too...I still have it! It's so exciting to just get it going...and be one step closer to getting it all over with : ) Good luck in med/surg. It was by far the most time consuming, hardest, my least favorite of the program. But it eventually ends, and you do learn a lot!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragment!! I LOOOOVE your blog :) I'm not sure if we get to keep our badge when we're done, but if we do I am certainly going to keep it as a memento :)
DeleteFancy smancy!
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
DeleteCongrats and actually a decent picture
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah I made sure to preview it before I accepted it, but it was alright, lol.
ReplyDeletenice - looks very official and you take a good picture (unlike some of us - HA!). Enjoy the rest of this journey
ReplyDelete