Skip to main content

Looking back...

Today I was looking back at the beginning of my posts & I came across the one where I had to get my CPR certification before school started & it was so cute.  As I was reading the post I was talking about meeting "Greg" an Asian guy in my CPR class.  Well as my longer time readers know Gregory (he hates to be called Greg) has since then become my nursing bestie!! It's so cute to look back at the posts at the beginning of this journey.  I can't wait until I'm finished with school, I am totally going to print this out into a book.  I'm glad I have this blog to look back on.  Also, there were 2 other people in my CPR class that I didn't know at the time that I now now very well.  Well, all of them except one.  I do know her but not very well.  We have a fairly large class of about 62 or so people (we've lost/gained a few so I'm not sure the exact number at this point) so I don't always talk to all of them all of the time, but I am pleased that I have gotten to know so many of my classmates & I hope that some of these relationships last beyond school, but we'll see I guess. 

Anyhoo, tomorrow starts my L&D rotation.  Well actually tomorrow is just skills lab, then the real deal starts Thursday with L&D.  I'm very excited/nervous.  It's always a little nerve wracking starting something new isnt' it?

I'll let you know how it goes for sure.  Hope everyone is having a great week!!


Comments

  1. I have reread my posts a few times back to the beginning. It is fun to see how far we have come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny I have a post I wrote about a girl crush in my class, turns out we're close buds now.
    I hope you enjoy l&d and that you can see a birth and maybe help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candi--
    You just commented on my latest post about 'balancing' everything. I did not meant to publish that post-- I just meant to save it, case in point-- my daughter was distracting me and I must have hit publish instead. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was wondering. I just figured you cut off the rest, lol.

      Delete
  4. L&D how exciting! I am very jelous! As an LPN Student we do not get a L&D rotation, but I do get my maternaty rotation this weekend! All the best to you, hope you leanr alot, and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty dece...

Night shift...

             The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a.  Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork.  Uh hello night shift glad to have met you.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I never thought I could d...

I'm still not sure...

DONE with my ER rotation!  As a matter of fact that means I'm DONE with clinicals period!  Woohoo!!!  Friday was my last real clinical in nursing school.  I worked 6 twelve hour shifts in the ER & I can truly say that I would feel 90% comfortable going straight to the ER from nursing school.  Besides the actual trauma codes that come in, I feel like I could easily handle what goes on in that ER straight out of nursing school.  I thought that I would LOVE ER, and I did to an extent, but what I really found out in this clinical was that I just DON'T KNOW .  I don't know exactly what I want to do yet as far as being a nurse, and honestly I just don't think I would really LOVE any nursing job. I know that I want to be a NP & therefore nursing positions to me don't really hold a great appeal. That being said, I don't know yet 100% what dept. I want to to work in, and what I really came to realize is that I don't think I'm going to kno...