Skip to main content

Paper disaster & melt down...

So remember I said I had a paper due. Well let me just tell you what I did with that paper. So, I wrote the paper initially & let it sit until the day it was due. That day I had the paper due & a HUGE assessment due. But, since I had already written the paper, I figured I'd just clean it up, put in my references & turn it in, no biggie. Then I'd have plenty of time to get my lab done & turned in. So I got out of class at 12:00, get something to eat & start the paper at 12:30. So, I basically rewrote the paper & got done with it around 3:30 or so, went to do something to it and DELETED the WHOLE thing!! Now, at this point I know you're saying "Why didn't you save it as you went?" Well, normally I do that, but I wasn't on my computer, I was on the computer at school & I just didn't. So that was THREE hours of work down the drain. Now mind you both the paper AND the lab had to be due by 11:59 that night and I KNEW the lab was going to take at least a couple of hours, and by this time I was SO tired and I just wanted to go home. I live about 45 minutes from campus, I knew my kids were home & I was O-V-E-R it. So what did I do? I took the paper I had originally written, cleaned it up a bit and turned that sucker in within an hour. I was DONE with it. I didn't even have my references right on it but at that point I just didn't care. I turned it in. I'm still waiting to get it back, I'll be lucky to get a C on it. So, needeless to say, tears were shed, phone calls were made and my lab got turned in late, BUT it's all over with now & I've been on Spring Break since then & I haven't done a DARN thing. NOTHING. Of course I need to be studying for my Assessment test, that's basically an A class that I'm making a C in, just b/c I haven't really been putting any focus into it, but I know I need to b/c I don't see myself getting into a FNP and/or DNP programs with a C average. Sooo, probably tomorrow I'm going to go ahead & get back into the books. I do like spring break, but honestly I miss school. I feel MUCH more productive when I'm at school. So, 4 more days of Spring break and then it's back to the grind & then only 7 more weeks of actual school, my finals & this first semester will be in the books. Can you believe it? I can't. This semester has literally FLOWN by. No other semester has gone by so fast for me. I'm so glad that it's going by fast, I'm ready to start making some MONEY!! Anyhoo, I have more interesting stuff to talk about, but I'm tired so I'll try to post more tomorrow.


Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your paper mishap, that is just terrible. I hope that never happens to you again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty dece...

Night shift...

             The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a.  Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork.  Uh hello night shift glad to have met you.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I never thought I could d...

I'm still not sure...

DONE with my ER rotation!  As a matter of fact that means I'm DONE with clinicals period!  Woohoo!!!  Friday was my last real clinical in nursing school.  I worked 6 twelve hour shifts in the ER & I can truly say that I would feel 90% comfortable going straight to the ER from nursing school.  Besides the actual trauma codes that come in, I feel like I could easily handle what goes on in that ER straight out of nursing school.  I thought that I would LOVE ER, and I did to an extent, but what I really found out in this clinical was that I just DON'T KNOW .  I don't know exactly what I want to do yet as far as being a nurse, and honestly I just don't think I would really LOVE any nursing job. I know that I want to be a NP & therefore nursing positions to me don't really hold a great appeal. That being said, I don't know yet 100% what dept. I want to to work in, and what I really came to realize is that I don't think I'm going to kno...