Skip to main content

Going on vacay....

Ok so as I have posted a million times, I'm going on vacation next week.  So if you'd like to guest post on either or both of my blogs then just let me know & I'll be happy to showcase your post.  It can be about anything you want.  Since I have two blogs, you can post on either one.  My other blog is basically about life, general stuff & this one, obviously, is about nursing school/nursing stuff, so take your pick! :D  If you want to submit one just have it in to me by this Thursday and I'll be more than happy to put it up for you.  Of course I might have to ask someone exactly how to do that, but I'm sure I can figure it out haha.



Comments

  1. I might could write a post on here about just returning to grad school in general and all the lovely stuff that entails...change in routine, etc. I can write on the other one if you prefer though. I can e-mail it to you, and you can just copy it into a new post if you want. Let me know! :-) I am also counting down the days until my vacay except I will have already started back to school by then. We are going to the beach for a long weekend for Labor Day and my birthday...yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about my cruise and then lucky me I go on ANOTHER mini vacay to visit my mom's best friend over the Labor Day weekend. We'll get to go to Chicago and to the dunes, I can't wait for that one either!! Ok, so go ahead & write the post & then email it to me at ecjakinney@att.net, complete with pictures or whatever & then I'll just paste it on here. :D Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, guest post written and sent. I like to do things while they are fresh on my mind so I don't forget and break a promise. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'll email you a blog posting if you wanna put it on your page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty dece...

I'm still not sure...

DONE with my ER rotation!  As a matter of fact that means I'm DONE with clinicals period!  Woohoo!!!  Friday was my last real clinical in nursing school.  I worked 6 twelve hour shifts in the ER & I can truly say that I would feel 90% comfortable going straight to the ER from nursing school.  Besides the actual trauma codes that come in, I feel like I could easily handle what goes on in that ER straight out of nursing school.  I thought that I would LOVE ER, and I did to an extent, but what I really found out in this clinical was that I just DON'T KNOW .  I don't know exactly what I want to do yet as far as being a nurse, and honestly I just don't think I would really LOVE any nursing job. I know that I want to be a NP & therefore nursing positions to me don't really hold a great appeal. That being said, I don't know yet 100% what dept. I want to to work in, and what I really came to realize is that I don't think I'm going to kno...

Night shift...

             The other day I got a text to work night shift, 7p-7a.  Well by the time I read the text it was already 3 pm & needless to say I wasn't going to get very much sleep beforehand if I was to work that shift so I compromised & told the floor supervisor that I would work until 2 am. Now mind you this is my first hospital job & working nights was of course something I'd never done, so I was interested to see what it was all about. Can I just say how much I love night shift? I mean talk about a MUCH more relaxed environment, I mean whoa the difference between night & day is, well, like night & day ;) If you've worked night shift you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  No baths, no feedings, no visitors, no office personnel, I mean strictly meds & paperwork.  Uh hello night shift glad to have met you.  So here's what I'm thinking.  I never thought I could d...