"Listen to the mustn'ts child, listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen child. Anything can be." Shel Silverstein
"She believed she could, so she did." R.S. Grey

“What if I Fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?” Erin Hanson












Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I have an interview!!

Guess who has an interview on Friday at 2:00 pm!! Yep, me!!

 

It's at a hospital in our next town over (about 15 minutes away) for a CNA position.  I'm sort of confused by the whole CNA/PCT thing.  I am hoping that these are the same positions, but even if they're not I'll just be glad to get my foot in the door.  This way I can apply for other positions as they come open AND I'll hopefully have a place to work when I graduate with my RN :)  I'm so super excited!! 

And guess who else is STILL waiting on their Med/Surg grade?? Errr, yes, me :{  Did I mention how much I hate to wait?  And the worst part is that it's a freaking scantron test.  I mean yes there were extra questions but come on, how long could it take??  I heard through the grapevine that one of the teachers added some new questions to the test & they were evaluating to see if these were the questions that caught everyone up (they said the average was pretty low) & if so they were going to consider throwing these questions out.  Welllll I kind of hope they don't b/c they said if they ended up throwing out some questions on this test then they would have to make them up on the final.  Uh, no thanks! 

So, here I sit at my computer playing Candy Crush and TOTALLY procrastinating from doing my newborn care plan while I hit refresh on D2L to see if the grades have been posted.  **Sigh** On top of the fact that I also should be working on redoing my care plan from last week's clinical.  The teacher TOTALLY murdered it.  She said it was a GREAT Med/Surg careplan, just not so rocking of an OB care plan.  So I'm having to do that over as well.  I think I'll wait & do that tomorrow night though, because what else do you feel like after you've done a 12 hour shift?  Coming home & doing a careplan right?   I know, I'm crazy. 

The weekend is getting close! :)



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the interview! PCT = CNA in a hospital setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the nurse admnistrator was kind of surprised by the PCT title. But you were right, they are the same thing. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you will rock both the med-surg grade and the interview! Being a CNA was the best thing I ever did for my nursing career.

    p.s. I hated waiting for grades, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I rocked the interview anyway, lol. Juuuuust barely passed my Med/Surg test, but hey that's better than the alternative right?

      Delete