"Listen to the mustn'ts child, listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen child. Anything can be." Shel Silverstein
"She believed she could, so she did." R.S. Grey

“What if I Fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?” Erin Hanson












Wednesday, February 5, 2014

To the ER!

Tomorrow is my first clinical in the ER! I am SUPER excited.  I seriously can't wait.  Of course I'm also a little nervous.  I mean what if I get in there & they expect me to know something I don't know?  Or to do something I've never done before?  I mean I guess that's the point of a clinical, but I guess I'm just overly worried about it because it's the ER & in my mind that means that everything is moving in a rapid pace...Of course this is a small town, so maybe I'm overdramatizing what it's going to be like...I guess I'll see tomorrow. 

Our clinicals are on Thursday & Friday, so for the next 3 weeks I'll be in clinical every Thur & Friday, on top of going to class Tue & Wed. & probably working some Saturdays & Sundays...February is about to get serious ya'll!

So tonight I'm going to get my stuff packed, get my lunch together & get to bed early so I can be there bright eyed & bushy tailed at 6:30 tomorrow morning.  Woohoo!!  Wish me luck! Or say a prayer, whatever  your thing is :D

2 comments:

  1. You should be in your clinical as I type. Just relax, have fun and learn all that you can.
    Don't worry about the nurses giving you something you can't do. As a nurse who loves to teach students - I won't let them touch the patient until I know that they know what to do. Ask tons of questions and learn as many skills as you can. Remember, the nurses don't expect you to know everything - you are a student! You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right, they didn't ask me to do anything crazy. It was tons of fun & I'm excited to go back. Everyone was really nice & helpful.

      Delete