Skip to main content

Looking back...

Today I was looking back at the beginning of my posts & I came across the one where I had to get my CPR certification before school started & it was so cute.  As I was reading the post I was talking about meeting "Greg" an Asian guy in my CPR class.  Well as my longer time readers know Gregory (he hates to be called Greg) has since then become my nursing bestie!! It's so cute to look back at the posts at the beginning of this journey.  I can't wait until I'm finished with school, I am totally going to print this out into a book.  I'm glad I have this blog to look back on.  Also, there were 2 other people in my CPR class that I didn't know at the time that I now now very well.  Well, all of them except one.  I do know her but not very well.  We have a fairly large class of about 62 or so people (we've lost/gained a few so I'm not sure the exact number at this point) so I don't always talk to all of them all of the time, but I am pleased that I have gotten to know so many of my classmates & I hope that some of these relationships last beyond school, but we'll see I guess. 

Anyhoo, tomorrow starts my L&D rotation.  Well actually tomorrow is just skills lab, then the real deal starts Thursday with L&D.  I'm very excited/nervous.  It's always a little nerve wracking starting something new isnt' it?

I'll let you know how it goes for sure.  Hope everyone is having a great week!!


Comments

  1. I have reread my posts a few times back to the beginning. It is fun to see how far we have come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny I have a post I wrote about a girl crush in my class, turns out we're close buds now.
    I hope you enjoy l&d and that you can see a birth and maybe help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candi--
    You just commented on my latest post about 'balancing' everything. I did not meant to publish that post-- I just meant to save it, case in point-- my daughter was distracting me and I must have hit publish instead. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was wondering. I just figured you cut off the rest, lol.

      Delete
  4. L&D how exciting! I am very jelous! As an LPN Student we do not get a L&D rotation, but I do get my maternaty rotation this weekend! All the best to you, hope you leanr alot, and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still alive!! Tomorrow is the NCLEX!

So as you can see I have GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!  I am SO happy that nursing school is over, but can we say holy terrified?  Tomorrow is the NCLEX & I feel thoroughly unprepared.  Fortunately our school provided us with the HURST Review  and even though I have been studying this for about 2 weeks now I still feel completely terrified to actually take the test.  Of my former classmates I know of one so far who has failed....so scary... The rest of them are chugging along & passing on a daily basis, hopefully I will be one of them! But to rewind, here are a few pics from graduation & my graduation party that my precious husband & sister threw for me: That's my baby girl to my right, she looks taller than me!   I seriously couldn't have been cheesing any harder!! My nursing bestie & his bf hiding in the back! My study buddy!   My inlaws, aren't they precious!! Definitely one of the best days of my life!

I feel so inadequate...

So today I was reading Sophia's blog over at All Things NP , she's a NP student at Penn State.  As I was reading about her interview process with Penn State & her rotations & her Sim Man day I started thinking, I am nowhere NEAR as smart as she is.  I still struggle with what lab values are correct, much less IF they're off then why??!!  I know that I don't put in as much time studying as some of my other classmates do and all of this makes me really doubt myself.  When will this stuff start to really click? When will I start to KNOW this stuff?  I wish I could spend more time studying than I do & in all honesty I probably could, but I also have a very busy life.  I know that's not an excuse as everyone has their own "stuff", but I was seriously thinking as I was reading over her blog that I really need to buckle down & start reading a bit more.  I definitely need to start studying more.  I mean, I'm doing fine in my classes but PERSON

MedSurg - Ortho Floor....

Ok can we say TOTAL snooze fest???  Today was our first official day on the MedSurg floor, but unfortunately since the professor figured we might be overwhelmed with over 15 pages of clinical paperwork due in one night, we weren't really able to do much (meaning no passing of meds).  We were basically put into the PCT roles.  So, pretty much it felt like last semester's clinical all over again, a bunch of elderly people, except for these ones have total hip replacements instead of just being old.   And let me tell you I can say with almost 100% assurance that working on the Ortho wing of the MedSurg floor is NOT where I see my future nursing self.  I mean maybe it was just my perception, but I saw the nurses basically in the same role as they were in the nursing home.  Going from patint room to patient room passing meds.  BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate that we don't get an ER rotation, I REALLY think that I would like that much more, except that as a new nurse I just don'