Skip to main content

Testing one two...

So I may or may not have metioned that for school we have to wear hideous white scrubs.  Lord only knows why b/c our school colors are blue (not navy, more like a royal blue), but I digress.  For school we all have to wear all white scrubs, but thankfully we do get to pick from several different choices of the type of scrubs, and for me the only clear choice was Grey's Anatomy scrubs, they are SOOO soft.  It's truly like wearing pj's & althought they are more expensive then the other scrubs I PROMISE the extra cost is worth it....or is it? 

Recently I was contacted by Uniformed Scrubs to see if I wanted to try out one of their Cherokee Scrub tops.  Uh hello? You're sending me a scrub top FOR FREE?  Heck yeah!  They told me to pick out a top & let them know the size & color that I wanted (actually my top 3 choices) so I emailed them back & voila, the top showed up in the mail.  Here is the top I chose:

I love this color, but unfortunately I had to choose white so that I could wear it to clinical.
 
The review:  The top I chose was the "Cherokee 1909 Pro-Flexible V-Neck Woman's Scrub Top"
Pro's: While not Grey's Anatomy soft, the material is still pretty comfy.  As you can see this is one of those "paneled" tops where the sides are the soft, stretchy material which I really liked.  I especially liked the fact that the side panels weren't ribbed.  The 2nd best thing about this top was all of the pockets (which was better than GA).  There was a pocket for pens, pen lights, scissors & notepads, all in separate compartments, very cool.  I have been meaning to get one of those pocket holder thingies (you know the little pocket organizer that holds all of that stuff I just mentioned), but with this top you wouldn't need one because it has all of these great little compartments. Very handy.  Con's: The only real con to me was that I would have liked for the bottom of the top not to have been so constricting.  Possibly two little v's on each side would have made this top more comfortable, at least to me.  Something.  I just didn't really care for the restriction at the bottom, but other than that this top is pretty great, and the price is even better.  Compared to my $34 GA top, this one was much more reasonable at $21.99. All in all I would say that I recommend this scrub top. 
 
(*Disclaimer - While I was given this scrub top free of charge to review, I was not asked to give it any kind of rating except for my own truthful, personal opinion, which this was.)
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh I will have to look for that style. I need more pockets my side paneled ones have the pouch! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still alive!! Tomorrow is the NCLEX!

So as you can see I have GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!  I am SO happy that nursing school is over, but can we say holy terrified?  Tomorrow is the NCLEX & I feel thoroughly unprepared.  Fortunately our school provided us with the HURST Review  and even though I have been studying this for about 2 weeks now I still feel completely terrified to actually take the test.  Of my former classmates I know of one so far who has failed....so scary... The rest of them are chugging along & passing on a daily basis, hopefully I will be one of them! But to rewind, here are a few pics from graduation & my graduation party that my precious husband & sister threw for me: That's my baby girl to my right, she looks taller than me!   I seriously couldn't have been cheesing any harder!! My nursing bestie & his bf hiding in the back! My study buddy!   My inlaws, aren't they precious!! Definitely one of the best days of my life!

I feel so inadequate...

So today I was reading Sophia's blog over at All Things NP , she's a NP student at Penn State.  As I was reading about her interview process with Penn State & her rotations & her Sim Man day I started thinking, I am nowhere NEAR as smart as she is.  I still struggle with what lab values are correct, much less IF they're off then why??!!  I know that I don't put in as much time studying as some of my other classmates do and all of this makes me really doubt myself.  When will this stuff start to really click? When will I start to KNOW this stuff?  I wish I could spend more time studying than I do & in all honesty I probably could, but I also have a very busy life.  I know that's not an excuse as everyone has their own "stuff", but I was seriously thinking as I was reading over her blog that I really need to buckle down & start reading a bit more.  I definitely need to start studying more.  I mean, I'm doing fine in my classes but PERSON

Got the job!!

So the director of the Med/Surg floor said I would hear something by today and well, I waited as long as I could before calling her seeing as I hadn't heard from her.  I said I would wait until 4:00 but by 3:30 I was chomping at the bit so I called her.  She said "I was just filling out your paperwork to offer you the job"!!! Yay me!!      Now I know it's just a PCT/CNA job, but hey it gets my foot in the door right?  I've talked to several of my friends who are in the semesters ahead of me & they've all said the same thing.  "Get a job NOW".   I have one friend who said she can't even get a PCT job b/c no one will hire her b/c she's too close to graduating.  I never thought of that. Why wouldn't they want to hire you knowing that soon you'd be able to be a nurse there??  I don't know, but I am glad to have the job.    The director said she thinks the pay is $10 an hour, which is pretty decent.  I was worried they