Skip to main content

D-O-N-E!!!!!!!

Woofreakinhoo people!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am OFFICIALLY done with the DREAD 3rd semester & I didn't come out too bad, although unfortunately I can't say that for everyone!! :( 

End result, 2 B's.  Med/Surg is officially DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! And although I am VERY happy to be done with this semester & finally on the downhill slope of nursing school I am also a wee bit sad because I lost my nursing bestie this semester..... He ended up failing Med/Surg by .5 points!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that??? What makes it even more sucky is that next semester our school days won't even be the same, so it's going to feel like we never get to see each other.....Boo.

But, we will power through and we're still going to talk every night and every day (like 3 or 4 times a day), I mean this semester we were in different rotations & that never stopped us. 

Anyhoo, onto our FIRST end of the 3rd semester celebration.  Like I said, we have a tradition after every semester we go to this mexican restaurant to celebrate & this semester was no different.  Then after that the majority of us ended up going to one of our classmates apartment & continuing the party there.  Needless to say it was mucho FUN and yes I have pics.  So without further ado, here are some pics of our FIRST celebration.  The main one will be Thursday night & I can't WAIT!!



This is the majority of our class. Do you see me in the very back?







Needless to say many drinks were had & it was a GREAT time.  Expect more pics from Thursday's partay!! :D




Comments

  1. YAY! Congrats on another semester down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! 2 more to go, I can hardly believe it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm still alive!! Tomorrow is the NCLEX!

So as you can see I have GRADUATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!  I am SO happy that nursing school is over, but can we say holy terrified?  Tomorrow is the NCLEX & I feel thoroughly unprepared.  Fortunately our school provided us with the HURST Review  and even though I have been studying this for about 2 weeks now I still feel completely terrified to actually take the test.  Of my former classmates I know of one so far who has failed....so scary... The rest of them are chugging along & passing on a daily basis, hopefully I will be one of them! But to rewind, here are a few pics from graduation & my graduation party that my precious husband & sister threw for me: That's my baby girl to my right, she looks taller than me!   I seriously couldn't have been cheesing any harder!! My nursing bestie & his bf hiding in the back! My study buddy!   My inlaws, aren't they precious!! Definitely one of the best days of my life!

I feel so inadequate...

So today I was reading Sophia's blog over at All Things NP , she's a NP student at Penn State.  As I was reading about her interview process with Penn State & her rotations & her Sim Man day I started thinking, I am nowhere NEAR as smart as she is.  I still struggle with what lab values are correct, much less IF they're off then why??!!  I know that I don't put in as much time studying as some of my other classmates do and all of this makes me really doubt myself.  When will this stuff start to really click? When will I start to KNOW this stuff?  I wish I could spend more time studying than I do & in all honesty I probably could, but I also have a very busy life.  I know that's not an excuse as everyone has their own "stuff", but I was seriously thinking as I was reading over her blog that I really need to buckle down & start reading a bit more.  I definitely need to start studying more.  I mean, I'm doing fine in my classes but PERSON

MedSurg - Ortho Floor....

Ok can we say TOTAL snooze fest???  Today was our first official day on the MedSurg floor, but unfortunately since the professor figured we might be overwhelmed with over 15 pages of clinical paperwork due in one night, we weren't really able to do much (meaning no passing of meds).  We were basically put into the PCT roles.  So, pretty much it felt like last semester's clinical all over again, a bunch of elderly people, except for these ones have total hip replacements instead of just being old.   And let me tell you I can say with almost 100% assurance that working on the Ortho wing of the MedSurg floor is NOT where I see my future nursing self.  I mean maybe it was just my perception, but I saw the nurses basically in the same role as they were in the nursing home.  Going from patint room to patient room passing meds.  BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate that we don't get an ER rotation, I REALLY think that I would like that much more, except that as a new nurse I just don'