"Listen to the mustn'ts child, listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen child. Anything can be." Shel Silverstein
"She believed she could, so she did." R.S. Grey

“What if I Fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?” Erin Hanson












Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One more day, one more test....

Can you believe it's almost here?  I know me EITHER!!  Today was my Patho test, I made a B!!!!!!  Which means I got a B for the semester.  Whew, so happy.  Tomorrow is my Gero test & then I'm done with my first semester of nursing school!!!!!!  I was talking to my nursing bestie & we both agreed that looking back to the beginning of the semester it seemed so much harder than it actually turned out to be.  Now don't get me wrong, 6 classes were no piece of cake, but what seemed so daunting at the beginning turned out to be very doable.  I reminded him that we needed to remember that when third semester rolls around and we're both freaking out.  After tomorrow we have almost 4 months off for summer.  I just can't even deal with that huge time frame.  I mean I don't even understand why we can't go straight through, I would like that so much better.  So, I guess I'm just going to have to fill my summer with lots of lake time, and hopefully some review Patho.  I have a workbook that I had for the class that I didn't really utilize, so I think I'm going to work on that this summer, just to keep it fresh in my mind.  Also, I'll make sure to perform a head to toe assessment on my daughter & her friends at least once a week to keep that fresh too.  (They love doing it).  And I think I may even pick up some extra time at the clinic where I volunteer, see if I can sharpen my skills & maybe pick up a few new ones.  We'll see I guess when the time comes.  But for now I just have to get through one more test & then tomorrow about half of our class is meeting for Mexican & Margarita's after our last final, so I am very much looking forward to that.  I really like most of the people I've met so far!!!  I'll try to get a few pictures to post on here as well.

Woohoo, one semester down four to go!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment