"Listen to the mustn'ts child, listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen child. Anything can be." Shel Silverstein
"She believed she could, so she did." R.S. Grey

“What if I Fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?” Erin Hanson












Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Officially a SECOND semester nursing student!!!


So it's official, I have survived my first semester of nursing school!  1 down 4 to go, but for now I'm just extremely happy that the first semester is over & done with.  Here are my grades.  Health Assessment C (boo), Patho B, Gerontology A, Professionalism A, Health Trends/Issues A, Assessment Skills lab P.
It was such a relief to walk out of my last final today with a 92 & know that I was done with 1/5 of my classes, and that I was 1/5 of the way to changing my and my family's future forever.

After class was over a large group of us (about half of our class) met at a Mexican restaurant for lunch & some drinks & it was just so nice to be involved with such a great group of people who were so serious about their future.  Pursuing nursing as a profession is so exciting.  It's just exciting to know that my job will no longer be a job but will be a profession.  And while I was thinking about that it just really sunk in that one day I'll have a career & no longer a job & it was just a really great feeling.

So I took a couple of pics & I thought I'd post the one of me & Gregory.  Gregory & I have become very close this semester, which is really exciting.  Our goals are almost identical & I kept telling him it's like we're twins from another mother.  I was very grateful to have met him & if things go the way I plan one day we'll be opening the Kinney Clinic.  (Kidding, that's not what it would be called), but you get my point.

Anyhoo, this is me & Gregory, now OFFICIALLY second semester nursing students!!!



1 comment: